Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take it

Comment

The 6 speed wont be a problem, Just need some pedals. and a hole in the floor.
      As far as the fuel pump. Id say just leave the stock one. My 1995 has a ls1 (headers/3500 stall) in it and I have a stock 3.4 v6 fuel pump in it, It works great. If you look at the flow ratings the v6 pumps are only 5 psi lower. It may lean out alittle, Im not sure. But it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt_irocz View Post
        The 6 speed wont be a problem, Just need some pedals. and a hole in the floor.
        As far as the fuel pump. Id say just leave the stock one. My 1995 has a ls1 (headers/3500 stall) in it and I have a stock 3.4 v6 fuel pump in it, It works great. If you look at the flow ratings the v6 pumps are only 5 psi lower. It may lean out alittle, Im not sure. But it works.
        When I looked up the specs on the 1996 3.8l pump and the one for my 1995 LT1 it looked like the V6 pump capable of more pressure.
        sigpic

1996 Base Model
        +2 cylinder mod

Comment

The problem with the v6 pump is if you mod the engine ie: cam, larger injectors, the v6 will lean out the tune at higher RPM. Not good, best to change it up front or plan to do soon after swap.
          sigpic
          1998 Trans Am Convertible A4 - WS6 hood, WS6 air lid, WS6 rims, drilled/slotted rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by Plum Nuts View Post
            The problem with the v6 pump is if you mod the engine ie: cam, larger injectors, the v6 will lean out the tune at higher RPM. Not good, best to change it up front or plan to do soon after swap.
            And soo would the stock v8 one. Either way if your going to do cam/heads/injectors etc. You going to at least need a walbro 255.

Comment

Well guys thanks for all ya help now its the waiting time and see if I can get this donor car. I'll keep you all updated once the time get closer.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw-53 View Post
                Well guys thanks for all ya help now its the waiting time and see if I can get this donor car. I'll keep you all updated once the time get closer.
                i think u should turbo that v6 and call it a day cheaper and can be just as fast or faster =D
                2000 WS.6 Build <--- click to see
                1994 cummins turbo diesel 1million+ miles!! (rip dad)*my fathers old truck hell of a mechanic!

Comment

The 98+ v6 pumps are the same as the ls1 pumps. It's the buckets and stuff that are different, I as well as many other have used all of v6 stuff and I'm now even running the cammed 6.0 with it. You just have to redo some of the fuel feed lines and use the Corvette fuel filter/prssure regulator.
                  1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

so lets just say im putting a Lt1 in a 2002v6 car the fuel pump shouldn't have to be changed? sorry not hi-jacking
                    2002 v6 to v8 conv.

Comment

I'm not familiar enough with the pumps to know if they have to be changed or not. I thought LS1 cars run at a higher PSI, but I'm not sure how that works with the LT1's fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail...
                      - Brian Meissen
                      Owner, MiFBody.com
                      Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                      2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                      Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                      June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                      The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

LS are 58PSI.

Bigger question is, why are you putting an lt1 in a 98+ car?

Comment

Originally posted by sman View Post
                          LS are 58PSI.

Bigger question is, why are you putting an lt1 in a 98+ car?
                          TRUTH! I have a really nice LS1 k-frame and A-arms for sale for the right buyer
                          2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

I already had the LT1 sitting around from my 93Z found a really really cheap 2002rs so why not havn't bout a new part yet, all from fbody owners local and all over only thing I'm buyng new is my 24x because I have not seen a used one for sale yet.
                            2002 v6 to v8 conv.

Comment

My only why not will be the wiring disaster. 99+ uses the data bus for the cluster. No idea how your ever going to make that work.

Plus your 93 is OBDI vs the 02's OBDII. I think you will really end up hacking the car apart to make it work. But thats up to you.

Just my $.02

Comment

It would be cheaper to buy a 5.3 and put it in then to ever get a free lt1 in it. Plus nothing is ever free with a lt1.
                                sigpic

355 LT1 M6. 232/240 LE cam. 21* Trick Flow heads. Fully ported intake. 58mm TPIS tb. 42# SVO Injectors. LS7 Lifters. Moser 9" TrueTrac w/ 4.22 gears. True Duals. UMI Suspension. LS1 brake swap. Dr. Phil tuned 400ish rwhp. Money Pit.

Comment

Working...
                                X