X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8L V6 F-body Turbo kit $1000

For sale is a Turbo kit for the 3.8L V6 camaro.
    This is the type that the exhaust pipes go under the K-member and the turbo sits in front of the motor.
    Comes with turbo, intercooler, all the pipings, BOV, and oil return/feed line.
    The exhaust piping is fabricated for pacesetter headers.
    Some of the intake pipings need to be replaced but I do have extras laying around so they just need to be cut and fabricated. The kit has about 20k miles on it.
    This kit has alot of potential with the right tuning. I was beating Z28s with no problems at all when I had my V6 Camaro.

I really need to get rid of this because its been sitting in my apartment forever and I am moving to a shared apartment. So, make an offer.

Pictures from when it was on my Camaro

Edit: Price lowered to $800!!!
    Last edited by ChronoGN; February 24th, 2011, 08:41 PM.
    Turbocharged with a hideaway license plate!
    Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Well, I wonder if my 176K mile sixer would hold up to this thing?

GLWS!

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

dammm this is very tempting!

info on turbo?

Comment

Its a Garette T3/T4 turbo. I think it was T65. Its pretty big. Spools up at right under 3000rpm.
        Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Comment

Would this turbo be large enough for an LS1 car? I have a buddy looking to go FI and I would not mind throwing some cash toward that intercooler since it would probably be too small for an V8. Let me talk to him. BTW any play in the shaft and is the impeller nice and tight? I'll talk to him about it and see if he is interested. Finding a set of forward facing LS1 headers might be tricky though...

Comment

i sent a friend a link to this. good luck!
            98 z28, m6, monster clutch, eibach pro kit, custom twin turbo setup, 317 heads, z06 valve springs, arp rod bolts, 512rwhp at 10lbs. cobra eater

Comment

pm sent
              98 z28, m6, monster clutch, eibach pro kit, custom twin turbo setup, 317 heads, z06 valve springs, arp rod bolts, 512rwhp at 10lbs. cobra eater

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix_rising View Post
                Would this turbo be large enough for an LS1 car? I have a buddy looking to go FI and I would not mind throwing some cash toward that intercooler since it would probably be too small for an V8. Let me talk to him. BTW any play in the shaft and is the impeller nice and tight? I'll talk to him about it and see if he is interested. Finding a set of forward facing LS1 headers might be tricky though...
                Yeah, this should be large enough for a LS1 car. All the other parts besides the turbo, BOV, Intercooler, and some intake piping will be useless though.
                Theres a little bit of play in the shaft. But when it was in the car, it spooled up just fine till the day I took it out. If you are planning on using the turbo on a daily driver and going to rack up miles, I'd suggest new bearings.
                Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Comment

I forgot to mention something important. The exhaust pipings are fabricated for pacesetter headers. I have added that on the first post.
                  Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Comment

Bump! I had some interests but haven't heard from you guys in a while. Let me know what your concerns are and we can probably work something out with prices and what not. I really need to get this out before I move since I have no where to keep them at my new place.
                    Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Comment

GLWS sounds like a fun project..

Can you tell us any of the difference in performance you have seen with this setup? How much boost are you running? have you had it to the track?
                      99 Buick Regal GS- New DD

SOLD-1983 Firebird-305-2.5 inch custom bent exhaust w/ dynomax muffler-2004r-87 TA 3.08 posi-90 Camaro brakes-91-92 Hatch-87 TA bumpers and GFX-89 TA Tailights-87 TA front fenders-16 inch GTA wheels
                      SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Originally posted by ThreeHonks
                      I like having a loud car, every time the neighbors dog barks, I just go let my car sit and idle in the driveway

Comment

I only ran 4-6lbs of boost on it for the longetivity of the motor.
                        Definitely quicker than a stock Z28. It ran mid to high 13s with GTP fuel injectors, and home brew tuning on HP Tuners.
                        Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Comment

Price lowered to $800!
                          Take it off my hands!!
                          Street/Drag/AutoX/Drift

Comment

Would you be willing to part with the intercooler separately? Also did you have upgraded injectors?

Comment

i've passed this along to a friend of mine but he never got back to me. would this kit work on an 04 grand prix? i dont know much about the 3800 camaro engine setup

edit: i just talked to him, he said he plans on buying this within a couple weeks.
                              Last edited by Gaspo; February 26th, 2011, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X