X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 Valves and LT4 Hotcam springs 4 sale

Hey Guys, I have some extra LT1 parts lying around I need to get rid of.

First is a set of O.E.M Valves for a LT1 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust. They could use a good cleaning but other then that they are sound. Had about 80,000 on them when I pulled em out.

The second is a set of LT4 hotcam springs from when I bought my Hot Cam kit. When I did the valve upgrade the Hot cam springs wouldnt fit anymore, something to do with the valve locks if I remember right. Anyway these have less then 3000 miles on them so are practicly brand new.

I dont even know what to ask for them so somebody make me a reasonable offer and Ill more then likely take it.

BTW I also still have the O.E.M 10 bolt. I wont let that go for less then $100, needs a rebuild.
    The Chevy Camaro was built with a single purpose in mind which it executes flawlessly...Going very very fast in a straight line until your hair catches on fire.

what lift are the springs good too? and do they come with the locks?
    1997 Camaro SS convertible #594-Gone but never forgotten
    1995 Camaro Z28 hard top - 14:1 355.
    1997 Camaro SS convertible #455 30th anv #80

Comment

How complete is that 10 bolt ?? does it have backing plate etc.

Sean

Originally posted by YoshiBear View Post
      Hey Guys, I have some extra LT1 parts lying around I need to get rid of.

First is a set of O.E.M Valves for a LT1 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust. They could use a good cleaning but other then that they are sound. Had about 80,000 on them when I pulled em out.

The second is a set of LT4 hotcam springs from when I bought my Hot Cam kit. When I did the valve upgrade the Hot cam springs wouldnt fit anymore, something to do with the valve locks if I remember right. Anyway these have less then 3000 miles on them so are practicly brand new.

I dont even know what to ask for them so somebody make me a reasonable offer and Ill more then likely take it.

BTW I also still have the O.E.M 10 bolt. I wont let that go for less then $100, needs a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fstss View Post
        what lift are the springs good too? and do they come with the locks?
        This is all the specs they have listed for the entire kit. I dont think I have the original locks I will check, but for now assume I dont.

Cam and Valvetrain, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Duration at .050 in. 218/228, Lift .525/.525, Chevy, 5.7L/350,Kit

here is what spring specs I could find.

Outside Diameter 1.337"
        Inside Diameter .906"
        Installed height 1.780"
        Seat Load 101 lbs
        Average Spring Rate 331 lbs/inch
        Solid Height 1.215"
        The Chevy Camaro was built with a single purpose in mind which it executes flawlessly...Going very very fast in a straight line until your hair catches on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by CollinsAutomotive View Post
          How complete is that 10 bolt ?? does it have backing plate etc.

Sean

Its the same ten bolt that was in the car when you said it needed a new pinion bearing. Im not sure what a backing plate is, the only thing I removed from the original is brakes and brake hardware. So it is a complete 10 bolt sans brakes.

Comment

LT4 springs are a good upgrade for people with 1.6 RRs or a combo with a hotcam. with a cam that has bigger lift than that, you want to be looking at something stronger because they dont like a lot of lift. LT4 springs are a great choice for a mild daily driver, im almost tempted to pick them up as a temporary upgrade for the summer, but i dont have the extra $.
            -Joel
            1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
            1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

my cam is only a 503/510 lbut im getting valve float with the stockers
              1997 Camaro SS convertible #594-Gone but never forgotten
              1995 Camaro Z28 hard top - 14:1 355.
              1997 Camaro SS convertible #455 30th anv #80

Comment

Update : I checked the box with the springs and it looks like the lockers are in there. SO yes I do have them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
                  LT4 springs are a good upgrade for people with 1.6 RRs or a combo with a hotcam. with a cam that has bigger lift than that, you want to be looking at something stronger because they dont like a lot of lift. LT4 springs are a great choice for a mild daily driver, im almost tempted to pick them up as a temporary upgrade for the summer, but i dont have the extra $.
                  Make me an offer, I just want em outta my face.

Comment

Comment

$50 for springs

Comment

Dude this post is from 2007.......
                        - Brian Meissen
                        Owner, MiFBody.com
                        Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                        2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                        Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                        June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                        The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Working...
                        X