X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 camaro tire size on rally rim

A friend is restoring a 69 Camaro he is doing ralley wheels 15 by 7 what size are you guys running front and rear
    sigpic1999 Trans Am Bolt On Car plus Nitrous!
    2009 Yamaha R6

I would head over to Camaros.net for suggestions. Not a lot of 1st gens on this site. I'm running 16" wheels on my 1st gen, so that's no help to you.
    http://www.fquick.com/csmith4153
    2015 Midnight Silverado Crew Cab
    2011 Camaro SS
    1999 Camaro SS #4153
    1986 Monte Carlo SS
    1969 Camaro - 427 Rat

Comment

What look is he going for?
      If I had four 15x7 for that vehicle I would run 235/60's OR 225/65s on all four corners.

Comment

He's looking for a stock look. He went with 245 60 on rear and 225 60 on front. Its a big block car but the front looks high now.
        sigpic1999 Trans Am Bolt On Car plus Nitrous!
        2009 Yamaha R6

Comment

Originally posted by groundedracer View Post
          He's looking for a stock look. He went with 245 60 on rear and 225 60 on front. Its a big block car but the front looks high now.
          The front might look high because the front tires are an inch shorter than the rears. The smaller diameter tire will not fill out the wheel area as well compared to the rear.

IMO when you have the same wheel front and rear I prefer to use the same size tire so they can be rotated and the tire shape is the same.

If he wants a stock look he should go with bia/s ply or a skinny tire like a 205/70

Comment

Working...
          X