X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Sound Dampening

Finally got the garage cleaned out and got the 79' T/A out of storage. Took apart the interior and I am looking to lay down some sound damping matterial. Something to help with sound and heat. What do you guys recommennd for someone on a budget. I have looked at hushmat, Dynamat, and lizard skin which all are expensive. I heard you can use duct instalation and it works just as well? Is that true, anyone ever use this stuff?

I used the duct insulation from lowes. 1/4 inch or so foam. Works ok. I used 4 rolls to do the floor and trunk area. I'm happy with it. It's not dynamite by any syretch. But it did deaden some road noise.

Comment

I was thinking about using the duct insulation and then ordering new oem style carpet underlay to put on top of the duct insulation.

Comment

Couldn't hurt

Comment

11813484_736374963140441_8186663161912315539_n.jpg11811310_736374976473773_2914000635756353833_n.jpg
          Duct Insulation WHAT a difference $60 in and LOVE IT why pay more! Doing my doors over the winter.

Comment

I ended up doing the same thing. I will do the doors and the roof over the winter. Worked out great and it was so much cheaper.

I also ened up using aluminum foil tape to seal up all the seams.

Comment

Looks like good coverage...laid down nice. What is it?
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Duct insulation from home Depot or lowes if I read it right.

Comment

Duct insulation from menards

Comment

zeeman is correct. it is just duct instalation. I also used foil tap for the seams.

Comment

Old thread, but I must say that lizard skin is worth the extra cost. Tried it on another car and I was very happy with the result.

Comment

Working...
                      X