X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP112 Magnacharger LS1 GTO kit

This kit was originally designed for the LS1 GTO platform from Magnacharger. Magnacharger never offered a 4th gen F-body kit due to clearance issues with the cowl. However, I have seen a few people install them on 4th gen F-bodies with some modifications. The belt drive accessories will line up for either platform. It will not work on the corvette or truck front accessories. This kit will come complete as it does from Magnacharger minus the crank pinning kit. It has the complete blower unit, 46lbs green top injectors, front mount heat exchanger, pump and tank. Also included is the upgraded HD tensioner and belt.

This kit currently has about 8K miles on it. When I ordered it, I had a couple upgrades installed on it. The rear drive pulleys were changed to a 1:1 ratio. This allows a larger front pulley to be run to eliminate belt slip. It works really well. I have never experienced any slip. Also, it includes a $600 custom billet Nick Williams throttle body. The throttle body uses a remote mount IAC valve. By doing this, you gain some extra hood clearance. This unit fits under the stock hood of my IROC.

On my bone stock LS1 motor, this blower made about 6.5lbs of boost and produced 440hp/441tq through a 6 speed and a ford 9” rear. While the peak power numbers are on the low side, the real benefit to these style blowers is all the low end power you gain under the curve. The motor made over 420lbs/tq starting at 2500rpm which makes for a very fun street car.

The only reason I am selling this is so I can try a new form of forced induction power.

This unit is in next to new condition. If you were to buy this new, it would cost around $6500. I’m looking for $4200 plus shipping.

This was what it looked like brand new out of the box.

You can see the unit is still very clean.

sigpic
    Turbo Charged LS1/T56

New form of forced induction? Do I foresee turbos?

Comment

gotta be turbos
      ------------------------------------------
      2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
      2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
      http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

Side note: James I have to ask what did you do to block the wiper motor hole in your firewall? Knowing you I am sure you made that yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Side note: James I have to ask what did you do to block the wiper motor hole in your firewall? Knowing you I am sure you made that yourself?
          Yep, it's a billet aluminum plug that I made years ago. I actually re-installed my wiper motor so I'm not using it anymore.
          sigpic
          Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

Looks like you may have a buyer on your hands for that plug!

Comment

Sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

Working...
              X