Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the same thing when I had a dime. Why not do it? The run of the mill swaps get old.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    96 BBB Impala SS-Fixed, Broke, Fixed again
    95 DCM Caprice Wagon-STRKDIT
    93 Caprice Classic- Whore

Comment

I think a 4.3L Vortec with FI would be sick.
      Originally posted by Yoshi94
      Mines about an inch bigger than Kyles. I need to get one of those
      Originally posted by ryanwarby01
      Put it this way, if you have a money tree a LT1 is a wood chipper!
      sigpic

Comment

The 4.3 isn't a well balanced platform (literally) but it does have potential when done right. I'd do a SC 3800 if the price was right

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
        1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
        1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

well cool thing is, I have a guy I work with with a GTP thats wrecked and complete running car and wants to get rid of it, so this is my idea, now to get my other project done then start this one, cause I am wanting to have fun with both actually
          99 Buick Regal GS- New DD

SOLD-1983 Firebird-305-2.5 inch custom bent exhaust w/ dynomax muffler-2004r-87 TA 3.08 posi-90 Camaro brakes-91-92 Hatch-87 TA bumpers and GFX-89 TA Tailights-87 TA front fenders-16 inch GTA wheels
          SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Originally posted by ThreeHonks
          I like having a loud car, every time the neighbors dog barks, I just go let my car sit and idle in the driveway

Comment

^ What dont you understand you can't have fun with any of these cars. Soon as you have fun for a second it goes right back on the jackstands.
            sigpic

Comment

guess you need to do your wrenching better... mine dont

SOLD-1983 Firebird-305-2.5 inch custom bent exhaust w/ dynomax muffler-2004r-87 TA 3.08 posi-90 Camaro brakes-91-92 Hatch-87 TA bumpers and GFX-89 TA Tailights-87 TA front fenders-16 inch GTA wheels
              SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

I like having a loud car, every time the neighbors dog barks, I just go let my car sit and idle in the driveway

Comment

Its called you get bored and need to make it better.
                sigpic

Comment

you know fox if you dont like this thread then dont comment in it, you have been negative about it since I posted it and frankly its getting old

SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Comment

L67 platform is robust as hell. I worked with a guy who daily drove his 120k mile '98 Regal GS. In track prep (stripped out the spare tire, put on slicks. Had full interior and whatnot) the guy ran an 11.7. I think it'd be a great project.
                    2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

thanks its gonna be in the background for a bit but there none the less

SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Comment

well i know this is resurecting a thread but just fyi, starting this project in a 86 trans am, so gonna see how it goes, all the parts I have were free, and the combo should be fun...more to come

SOLD-1967 Buick Skylark

Comment

thread??
                          91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
                          85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
                          00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
                          97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Working...
                          X