Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick update of what has been going on. I haven't had much time to work on the car much lately. In the last month I have been to Atlanta, Dallas, and LA. So I haven't been doing to much to the car recently. I am however looking having the car re-painted again since the guy that painted it last did a half-assed job on the bodywork. I have a guy in Grant that said he would do it and he does some fantastic work. So maybe my car will look as nice as Sean's car next spring. I am also contemplating putting a different hood on my car. I just don't know which style I like for my car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfreak391 View Post
      Just a quick update of what has been going on. I haven't had much time to work on the car much lately. In the last month I have been to Atlanta, Dallas, and LA. So I haven't been doing to much to the car recently. I am however looking having the car re-painted again since the guy that painted it last did a half-assed job on the bodywork. I have a guy in Grant that said he would do it and he does some fantastic work. So maybe my car will look as nice as Sean's car next spring. I am also contemplating putting a different hood on my car. I just don't know which style I like for my car.

trust me... mine is not that nice.. all this track abuse is taking it toll.. going to need paint again prob next winter.

btw GET TO WORK!!!!

Comment

• So just to let you guys know, I have moved to Florida. I am eagerly waiting to get my car down here. It is almost ready to be tuned! yay! Then I get to finish the interior and its good to go. Then when I blow it up I am going with a LSX454 and an 80-88 mm turbo. I have been seeing so really awesome cars down here.

Comment

• It's amazing what happens when you can drive your car year round! Did you keep AC?

Comment

• Never had A/C. It is one of the stripped out race cars for the Iroc series. Hard top, power steering and a 1LE package. And a whole bunch of funny bracing in the chassis. But Vintage air is looking like a good idea. It gets pretty hot down here in the summer.

Comment

• would it bit easier to put a stock AC system in there or is the Vintage Air a better install option ?
              '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
              ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfreak391 View Post
                Never had A/C. It is one of the stripped out race cars for the Iroc series. Hard top, power steering and a 1LE package. And a whole bunch of funny bracing in the chassis. But Vintage air is looking like a good idea. It gets pretty hot down here in the summer.
                Wow so it's an actual players car? Did it see track use? Too cool.

Comment

• Ruckus is that what a players car is? I have heard of these cars but when I ran the vin and found out it was one of the iroc race cars I was like sweet! Better not cut this one up ya know. I was going to mini tub it, but these days you really don't need to with the 275 drag radials that are available. I'm not really looking to drag race the car, but I think it will make some passes once I get it down to Florida but I am sure to get kicked out for going to fast without a cage.

As as far as the ac goes I'm not sure which way I will go. But I think a tubular k member will be in order. Then I think the vintage air will be the ticket since it comes with the complete setup.

Comment

• I was back in michigan over Memorial day and I got to work on my car and a couple other cars. I believe my car may actually hit the streets this year! I still have a lot of work to do on the interior but I think the drive line is ready. If it doesn't make it to the street this year I will be very disappointed. It looks like I am going to be moving back to Michigan. Florida is a great place to visit, but I don't want to live here anymore. The car scene sucks in my area also. I can't wait to get back home and get my turbo car running.
                    Oh, and I bought another turbo. looks like the plain bearing magnum will be going on something else. I found a good price on a Garret GT3094R which is a dual ball bearing 72mm. And it will bolt right in place of the Magnum.

Comment

• Hey Andy, your setup is pretty much exactly how i wanted to do my 5.3 build, so don't be surprised if I hit you up with questions! haha looks amazing man!
                      "Project Shadowfax" <- Clicky Clicky

1984 Pontiac Trans Am (15th Anniversary Edition)
                      L69 (High Output 5.0) / 700r4 Auto Trans

Comment

• No problem man. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
                        And thank you!

Comment

• Well, I am finally back in Michigan. And I can't wait to get back to work on the car. I am actually thinking about ripping my wiring harness out and re-wiring the entire engine bay. I can't stand how it looks. I need to get some of the DEI plug wire sleeves for since they are so close to the headers. And melted plug wires suck! I have some small stuff to get done. Then off to the tuner!

Comment

• Ok, So I bit the bullet and bought the MS3 Gold box and wiring harness. So I had to make some changes. The wiring harness that was in the car is now out and the new harness is in. I also pulled the AEM peak and hold injector driver out, since I am going with new injectors that are high impedance. Also got the plug wire heat protection from MSD and have a BTR Trunion upgrade to do. I feel that the trunion upgrade is probably one of the best preventative things you can do if you do a cam and spring upgrade. I have head of ZR1's with needle bearings in the oil pan from the rockers. Not cool after you spend all that money on a motor build. My 5.3 is fairly stock but I do have a LS9 cam, hardened push rods, and Psi springs. so the rockers are the week link in the equation. I would rather not have a failure. And in the grand sceme of things it's only $100 for cheap piece of mind.

Comment

• Well, all things all come to an end. I am pulling the turbo setup out of the Iroc and replacing it with a cam only 5.3. I bought a different car to put the turbo setup in. More for straight line stuff. I bought a prostreet 66 impala ss and I am thinking about running twin 70's on it. It should be a sweet cruiser with a good amount of power.

Comment

Working...
                              X