X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meizer water pump

Hey guys Im thinking bout gettting a Meizer electric water pump. Are they worth buying for the small 10hp gain u get. Im also considering getting a Walbro fuel pump adn 24lb inectors. Let me knwo if this should work well with my current setup and with my future mods. Check my site in my sig for my current setup. Thanx guys!

Looking at your list of mods, I think a electric waterpump is going to be a good addition. The HP from them comes in the upper rpm's but having the cam and everything that will be good for you.

I would upgrade the fuel pump if you still plan on getting that FFF kit like you say in your future mods or if you go with nitrous. At the moment I don't see a need for you to get one though. I have the walbro but also run nitrous so I got the fuel pump.

Injectors would be a good idea as well having a cam already and in the future if you get those abbott heads/intake you are gonna need the extra fuel.

Also did you get the TSP mail order tune or did you buy the program itself?
    ------------------------------------------
    2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
    2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
    http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

After talking with many people on tech they all say don't waste your money on the electric water pump unless your car is a race car. As for the fuel pump I have heard good and bad about Walbro and I myself was planning on getting the A1000 due to its quietness. Also if you wanna get 24lb injectors try and find some stock ones off an LS1 fbody I know the 98s have 28lbers.
      Doing less with more

Comment

I dunno Chris, you know how i feel bout Walbro's now that mine went out after 7 months But what you guys think of this Racetronix one?

http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html
        sigpic

Comment

the Racetronix kit uses a Walbro pump.
          Doing less with more

Comment

Ah ok if you got some inside info on the water pump then I may not get one. I do want to upgrade my injectors though. Fuel pump will come soon as well. Not sure what else to do until next year when I get heads and intake.Any suggestions?

Comment

My feeling about Tim's walbro is that some contaminants got in the tank during the install and burned it up. I have heard all good things about the walbro and it is what everyone uses on the v6 forums. I have had mine in for over a year now and it is perfect. As for noise, I only hear it when I turn the key on and don't start the car, once the car is started I cannot hear it.
              ------------------------------------------
              2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
              2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
              http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

Working...
              X