X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 355 with hotcam install...HELP

So Help me out here...this is the first time im posting...Anyway Ive got a 97 z28 that spuna rod bearing earlier this spring...no biggie.. (killed me for a while)i wanted something other than a stock lt1 anyway. I purchased a motor bored to a 355 with a lt4 hotcam etc. I bought all new exhaust lt headers ORY pipe and so on... Motor went in alright and everything was looking grand. I got it running last week but the bastard has afterburn in the headers on one side.POP POP POP.. I can smell a bit of gas in the exhaust... i havent tuned anything yet...any help would be appreciated... this is my first f body car,,,lovem to death

leaky injectors? Bad valve seats? kinda hard to get too specific without hearing more details

Comment

I'd get a tune and go from there personally.

Comment

Are you SURE the cam is installed properly and that the specs were correct. I have seen cams ground improperly. Eric L

1997 Camaro SS #2819 M6, Red, 3.42, 1 of 27, Ttops, BBK shorty headers, Flowmaster cat back, 1.6 rr, LT4 valve springs, ASAM CAI, Centerforce clutch, runs 12s, breaks 10 bolts.
        http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Camaro%20SS/

1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet 200, 6.0 LS3, Carb, Rapid Motorsports Dominator 2X cam.
        http://s602.photobucket.com/albums/t...uth%20Valiant/

Comment

Check your valve lash FIRST. Its free and easy to do. Get the engine nice and hot, then do a hot lash. It may clear up
          -08 G8 GT DD: Rotofab CAI, HID's, Breyton Race GTS'
          -86 Iroc Project: LQ4, Th400, S400, Ford 9"

Comment

Check the plugs
            sigpic
            Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

You did put a new/ known good opti spark and wires in right?

Anyway you could take a video?
              1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

thanks for the replies guys....got it solved. had a cracked spark plug. Probly happened installing the headers if i had to guess....now i need the computer tuned...any one know a place in GR that can help with that?...thanks again for the help

Comment

Only person that I can recommended is TJ at Bakers. Some people on here dont like him though.
                  1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Working...
                  X