X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 2002 camaro

It started with the cluster flashing (like when it starts) and the gauges dying. It happened when I was driving and if i shut down, the car would start in the Run position...by itself. Then one day, it started to miss and died. It ran intermittently and finally stopped. it fouled out the plugs, but it was not getting fuel pressure. I looked for any problems and many symptoms. I changed the ignition control module. a positive cable to my alternator and installed a fuel pump the first day it snowed in michigan. it ran for approximately 100 miles and started to miss, so i shut it off, checked the fuel pressure and it had none so i towed it home. Has anybody had a similar problem? It is an 2002 anniversary edition 3.8l. what if i wire the pump to a 12v source?

sounds like you have a couple things going on, not just one thing.

What kind of pump did you put in it? Did you hear the pump running when you turn the key on but no pressure?
    ------------------------------------------
    2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
    2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
    http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

pms maybe?

i put in a 255 lph. i know it's high but i need it for the turbos. this problem is intermittent. i think the dash lights are the clue to whats wrong. whatever causing that is stopping my pump. it will start(by itself) in the on position. however i borrowed a scan tool and when the car didn't try to start itself, the fuel pump primed. i haven't messed with it for a week and i bet if i tried it would run until the cluster starts to act up. should i try to run it? i don't want to mess up that new pump. meissen suggested the vat system and i am unknowledgeable in that area. thanks
      Last edited by ckkhiller; January 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

scan tool info: car off for a week

throttle pos. 7%
        eng rpm 706
        eng load 3.1%
        afr 5.95 Gr/sec
        map 40 kpa
        coolant 183*F
        short term
        fuel trim 1 0
        long "" 1 -20.2%
        short "" 2 0
        long "" 2 -21.5%
        short "" 3 50%
        long "" 3 22.6%
        short "" 4 57%
        speed 0mph

Comment

since dtc cleared

misfire ok
          fuel sys ok
          comp component ok
          catalyst ok
          evap sys INC
          sec air NA
          ac ref NA
          02 sen mon ok
          02 sen htr ok
          egr ok
          Last edited by ckkhiller; January 14th, 2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

INOperable is my guess.

I hate electrical crap, its so hard to track down. Bad ground somewhere? Check the grounds on the back of the heads.
            1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

Any updates on this? What's happened with your car?

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

ive gotten the car to run. its driven another 10 k miles. on thursday the 16th 2010, it missed and died in a down pour. i think its the computer i installed in march 2010, but i think this is caused by my original electrical problem, ignition lights flash while car is in neutral, but not it you hold the brakes. will start itself in key on pos. but not if you hold the brake pedal down.

Comment

Working...
                X