X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help with my audio system.

i have a 1500 watt HiFonics TITAN amp and two 12' SPL speakers run by 0 guage wire with a Power Acustic 10 farad cap and a pioneer head unit great setup right? WRONG!!!!!!!!!! for some reason i cant turn songs up past 15 (it goes to 40) without popping protection on my amp. i just cant figure it out. i put on Grillz by nelly and forget hearing the words i cant get past 10 and my subs shut off. what can i do?? i need some help i wanna go bump bump bump not bump..............(turn car off, start car up) bump,bump...........(repete last steps) help me please!!!!!!!!

Get a good exhaust system, ditch the subs, then just press the gas. You'll be much happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Terror
      Get a good exhaust system, ditch the subs, then just press the gas. You'll be much happier.
      True words of wisdom there!
      Western Michigan Camaro Club ~ President
      1987 Camaro IROC-Z Pearl White & Black w/ Red Pearl, 355 TPI, A4, 3:42, AirRide,"GOMARO"
      2017 Silverado Double Cab Z71 Pepperdust Metallic, 5.3, A6, 3:42, "SASYZ71"
      2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White, 3800
      WMCC Website www.wmcamaro.org

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,
      is strong enough to take everything you have." — Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
      are willing to work and give to those who would not."
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Or buy a small boombox and leave it in the passenger's seat. . . lol
        Nick H.
        Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

are the fuses on the amps popping?? or just the protection coming on??

Comment

Dump what you got....get a new setup

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Terror
              Thats sad but true . But in all seriousness, have you went through all the wiring to make sure nothing is crossed? Is the amp ran direct to the battery with a heavy guage wire for a good pull of power? Sometimes if you use a low guage wire it will not get a good pull and do this.
              http://www.lawlessracing.proboards105.com

Comment

it sounds like there may not be enough amp for the drivers or a bad ground or bad phasing for the subs to get the resistance down

Comment

Originally posted by flanders
                  it sounds like there may not be enough amp for the drivers or a bad ground or bad phasing for the subs to get the resistance down
                  That is true also. Not having a good ground will cause that also. How is the guage of the wire?
                  http://www.lawlessracing.proboards105.com

Comment

GROUND is the problem. I almost guarantee it. Check the connection to ground for the amplifier and make sure it is attached to bare chassis metal. I made this mistake once and the same thing happened to me, it took me 2 days to figure it out.
                    sigpic
                    And another thing.....when I gun the motor, I want the whole world to think it's coming to an end.
                    -Homer Simpson

Comment

it also sounds like he may have too much speaker for the amp i know it says 1500 w but that is only at peak what really matters is what the amp can put out continuous and how the phsing is set up for the overall ohm rating

Comment

yeah i would say either the ground....or the amp isn't enough to power the SPL subs...a friend of mine had that problem...the speakers would rip so much juice through the amp that it would go into "safe/protect" mode and same thing...i am willing to bet that the amp just isn't enough
                        1998 Camaro SS Bullseye Turbo
                        2002 F-250 7.3 Leveled on 20s with 35's
                        2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary
                        http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...-Update/page11

Comment

I had a amp bad from the factory and had to take it back not that this is your problem but it was doing the same thing.

Comment

I've ran into this problem many times with subs. Ususally it was the speaker wire. If you have pieces connected, make sure they have lots of electrical tape but make it so the wire comes from the amp and to the box as one wire, not pieces twisted together, same with speaker wire coming from the box to the subs. Ground is sometimes the problem but not usually. On my car I just took out the carpet in the back and unscrewed something and grounded it there, but make sure you sand the paint off in that area, it improves it alot.

Comment

ok i have zero guage wire nothing is crossed but i will check the ground right now i have the setup in a 2000 sunfire and i hooked the ground up by the rear seat release do you think that could be it and if so where would be a good place. i did pop one fuse but that was because of a car problem that is the only time i popped a fuse other than that it has just been popping protection.

Comment

Working...
                              X