X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump on 3.8L Where?

I noticed a new noise today. It is a humming noise. It sounds like a fuel pump and I think it may be. This noise is coming from the rear of my car. Any ideas? Is this where the pump is located. I know bonneville 3.8L have the pump mounted on the gas tank. It is the same here?

the fuel pump is located on top of your fuel tank.
    ------------------------------------------
    2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
    2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
    http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

I thought so. Mine sounds louder now than when I got it out two weeks ago. Can these go bad? How can you tell?

Comment

mine went bad, I had to replace it so I upgraded to a bigger and better one for my nitrous.

it will give you warnings like sometimes it will start and then die right away when you give it gas, or randomly bog down when driving and shutdown. Fuel pressure gets lower and lower till the car can't run anymore. Mine would not start sometimes until I waited like 30 minutes. It was really random and weird when it happened.
        ------------------------------------------
        2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
        2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
        http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

if its bad. you wont hear it lol.

its on a swing arm assembly which moves in 360 degrees. depending on the direction the fuel is moving.
          your car wont run if it aint working right. you will notice a surge at times before they go. but hell im still running my stock pump from 93. and im regulating the high pressure it puts out down to 7psi and it runs just fine no problems.
          04 dodge ram HemiGtx 001/433
          93 Firebird Carbed v8 mini tubbed. (Per Kammi--- Race Car)
          08 yamaha R6 (fuel saver)

Comment

What else could the sound be? Its like a buzzing or a humming coming from the rear?

Comment

its just the pump alot of cars you can hear them... as they get older the bearings wear out and they humm a bit you still probably have alot of life left in it... could just be you were running the tank lower than normal... you will hear it more as the fuel level drops, the echo of the low tank makes it louder.
              Originally posted by Frank The Tank
              Took the restrictor plate off to give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But it's not exactly street legal, so keep it on the down low.

Comment

I'm running 3/4 tank now. Could that still be the gas? I was using midgrade and just now switched to regular. Could this be it?

Comment

Working...
                X