Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1BadMoFo View Post
    Which part number did you guy?

PN 19156261 comes with a Corvette oil pan installed and PN 19159564 comes with a GTO-style oil pan installed.

This is without the cpu right?
    Correct without the cpu, and i didn't buy it new so i don't know exactly how it was ordered, i bought it from another guy and didn't know there was a difference. I'll have to look into it now though.
    sigpic
    1994 Camaro Z28 83K M6, CAI, AFR 190cc, 11.6:1, Hooker headers, Hooker ORY, Mangnaflow exhaust, AI 230/238, 1.6 RR, B&M Short throw, Hays clutch, 4.10 gear.

Member: The Mid Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
    manuals should be launched off the limiter and the throttle shouldn't leave the floor til 10 feet after the finish line

Comment

ill trade you for a 99 LS1/M6 with 42k miles
      -Mike
      Chevrolet Technician

Totaled 99 SS swapped drivetrain, harness, interior, and suspension into 94 Z28.

Comment

Originally posted by 99SSRhodes View Post
        ill trade you for a 99 LS1/M6 with 42k miles
        Actually probably wouldn't be that bad of a deal considering any used engine as long as a trans is included seems to be going for 7 or 8k on ebay....
        sigpic
        1994 Camaro Z28 83K M6, CAI, AFR 190cc, 11.6:1, Hooker headers, Hooker ORY, Mangnaflow exhaust, AI 230/238, 1.6 RR, B&M Short throw, Hays clutch, 4.10 gear.

manuals should be launched off the limiter and the throttle shouldn't leave the floor til 10 feet after the finish line

Comment

wish i could get my dad to say yes to something like this

Comment

Originally posted by adamss View Post
            Actually probably wouldn't be that bad of a deal considering any used engine as long as a trans is included seems to be going for 7 or 8k on ebay....
            not ls1, those are like 3k.
            -Derek-
            1999 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air- Lots of Boltons..

Comment

Looks like it might be a vette motor judging by the motor mounts, can't see the pan, but the GTO pan and the vette pan are very different...the Vette is very shallow and has kick-outs on it.
              sigpic
              Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

Couldnt it be CTS V, TBSS, or something else too?
                1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

If I had the cash I would love to give this to brian as a gift.
                  *Angie*
                  Come and check out this Hottie and Her F-Body.....

Birds can fly what can camaro's do????

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnate326 View Post
                    Couldnt it be CTS V, TBSS, or something else too?
                    Not unless somebody changed out the intake. I'm pretty sure it's a vette motor unless someone has been switching out parts on it. Those are vette exhaust manifolds too if I'm not mistaken.
                    sigpic
                    Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

the oil pan will be a dead give away instead of playing guessing games

if i were you i'd hold on to it and find a car to put it in, you can run it on a ls1 computer
                      1996 Trans Am. 355 LT4 + some go fast mods.

www.360icons.com
                      _ Do you have what it takes to become an icon?
                      _
                      <Atmosphere> Call of duty mw2 summer 10' Ladder
                      Gamebattles.com

Perlsh

Comment

Originally posted by FireBirdGirl02 View Post
                        If I had the cash I would love to give this to brian as a gift.
                        Sounds like you found a keeper Brian!

Originally posted by WMCCjames View Post
                        Not unless somebody changed out the intake. I'm pretty sure it's a vette motor unless someone has been switching out parts on it. Those are vette exhaust manifolds too if I'm not mistaken.
                        I'll try and get some more pics posted showing more of the oil pan so you guys can help me out with proper identification of the engine. It's just hard to get underneath it with the cradle GM ships them in.....
                        sigpic

Comment

Sold!!!! Mod time!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

What mods are you going to get? You've got me curious now!
                            Nick H.
                            Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 93formulalt1 View Post
                              What mods are you going to get? You've got me curious now!
                              Gotta choose between doing cam and roller rockers, or headers and clutch????
                              sigpic

Comment

Headers and Clutch. . . Definitely. Cam and RR's can come later, you'll notice more of an increase in power with the headers and clutch. Ditch those manifolds ASAP!
                                Nick H.
                                Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X