X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: bolt in F9 rear end.

I'm looking to do a ford 9" rear end in my '94 formula this winter. Looking for something that will bolt right in without having to fab my own brackets and such. Ideal gearing would be around 4:10 but i'm open to others if the price is right. I would like it to either work with my stock rear brakes or have a setup already on there. If you've got something for sale please let me know the details. If i can't find anything by black friday i'm going to order a new setup from Quick performance so I'm only looking for something used for the next few weeks or so.

sigpic
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Good luck finding one, but remember how they are used. hard to find one that hasn't been abused. Also they have a good resale value so sellers ask a lot for them.
    Someone on here a couple of years ago bought a used one and ended up finding it was bent.
    formula218 likes this.
    When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

If I was in the market I think I'd get a Strange S60.
      Cast in torque arm mount is nice.

Comment

they both will hold about the same amount of torque, the 9" might be a tad stronger, but it does eat up more HP due to its design. They are both heavy but the 9" can be made as light as a fbody 10 bolt but be prepared to pay big money (gun drilled axles, spool, and aluminum case for the pig. the S60 is based on the Dana60 that was used by Chrysler behind the Hemi cars and bigger trucks.

Comment

Can't auto cross with a spool.

Comment

a spool is cheaper and lighter, both good qualities, BUT you will enjoy your car more with a normal posi in it.

Comment

I actually bought a used 9" fbody rear about 6-7 years ago, it was complete with brakes and had a 4.10 posi in it. Got it for $600 if you can believe it. Before I could put it in a friend came by with $1700 in hundred dollar bills and I couldn't pass it up. My 10 bolt is still surviving so I'm not too upset about it. Tripled my money on it.

Comment

If you're not going crazy with power, I'd look into the TNT fabrication 8.8. you'll get a lot more for your money and come in under budget, especially if you don't need all the fancy options. They seem to be a fair amount of 9 sec cars running them with no issues. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X