X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Bowtie Grille (98-02)

Looking for a nice condition SLP bowtie grille. Figured I would put out a wanted ad since I always seem to find them once they are already sold.

This is what I am looking for:

Thanks

They are getting very hard to find. I found one on ls1tech last year. They are expensive for a piece of plastic, but IMO the best mod for a 4th gen Camaro. Good luck.
    When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Check Syracuse NY craigslist. Just saw one.

Comment

Damn just checked. Gone.

Comment

Dang -- guess I'm glad now to have added the bowtie grille to my car shortly after I bought it in 2009. It cost $250 then, and now used ones are going for between $350 to $450!

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Surprised nobody has starting making repro's of these yet.
            Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Yep I've been looking here, LS1tech, craigslist and ebay. No dice. I refuse to pay $400 as well. I remember when these were everywhere, but I didn't have a 4th gen at the time. Hoping somebody makes a reproduction soon. Maybe I'll just have the factory grille painted gloss black.

Comment

After tooling, even soft tools, not a cheap part to make for aftermarket. And then SLP likely still owns IP or copyrights on it.

Wellcome to "soon to be collectable antiques, but not yet".

Start hording the parts you can...
                Originally posted by Redd8407
                I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
                Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
                WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
                Originally posted by Darren
                I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

I paid $140 for mine last year. Could have flipped it imediately for $500 but after I saw it on the car I kept it. Such a huge improvement.
                  SLP must still have molds to make these or at least whoever they contracted to make them. Probably cost about $5 apiece to make them. Pity they won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by farmington View Post
                    I paid $140 for mine last year. Could have flipped it imediately for $500 but after I saw it on the car I kept it. Such a huge improvement.
                    SLP must still have molds to make these or at least whoever they contracted to make them. Probably cost about $5 apiece to make them. Pity they won't do it.
                    Probably the same on that I was a day late on. Was it on LS1tech?

I guess we can add the grille in the same category as the SLP two on the left exhaust. Hard as hell to find.

Comment

very well could have been. I saw it and immediately PM'd and sent paypal funds. yes it was on tech.

Comment

sent you a PM

Comment

One just sold on tech for $450 plus shipping. In 2 days

Comment

Yep I saw that. I'm not paying those prices, so unfortunately I'll probably never own one.

Comment

keep searching. they pop up. the thrill of the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X