• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
    See, my problem is I'm OCD-like.

((((( meant in good fun )))))
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
    June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

LOL...well, OCD-like may be putting it a little strongly, but you get what I mean. I'm like that on most forums. There are topics/areas I will skip all together, because I know they don't apply to me...like at TGO, I don't go into the carb forum, because I don't have a carb, of the LS conversion forum, etc. Things that clearly don't apply, I stay out of. But for the rest, I like to read it all.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
        LOL...well, OCD-like may be putting it a little strongly, but you get what I mean. I'm like that on most forums. There are topics/areas I will skip all together, because I know they don't apply to me...like at TGO, I don't go into the carb forum, because I don't have a carb, of the LS conversion forum, etc. Things that clearly don't apply, I stay out of. But for the rest, I like to read it all.
        That's good that you at least pay attention. The Cruze forum has its own section for Gen 1 Diesel and another section for the new Gen 2 Diesels - and you always see plenty of confused responses from gas-owners who didn't read what forum it is in.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Bumping this to the top because we should keep talking about this. I want to keep this site going and willing to help in any way i can. In a way i still feel partially responsible for this since I egged Brian to do the update a year ago.

I agree with whats been said about simplifying the site and consolidating the forums. For example, the "articles" and "groups" headings at the very top seem to point to dead ends. Another thing I think would be beneficial is improving the "top X threads" tool at the top of the site. Prior to the update, Brian had that thing down to a science and I think the new version of that utility is a far cry from the old one. My main criticisms are that it shouldnt take up the entire page and that it *should* show which threads have unread posts. I'm pretty sure the average visitor of the site may not even realize there is a forum section 2 pages down, because the forum header, banner ads, and top stats take up more than a full screen by themselves.

I also agree with combining sub forums. The response time of this site isn't the best, and I think the forum and feature sprawl is a component there. When a page doesnt respond in 2-3 seconds people give up and leave because nobody has any patience these days. I'm organizationally OCD as well but we need to realize were competing with facebook here and it is succeeding because of how stupidly simple it is. However, I don't want us to be a Facebook. I'm sure I'm not the only person thats noticed the stupidly simple layout of facebook also attracts a similar demographic. I love this site because of all the helpful relevant information here and I'd love to get back to that. To do that we need activity so lets try and strike a balance somewhere in the middle.
          Last edited by JoeliusZ28; March 7th, 2018, 09:36 AM.
          alone_and_insane, meissen and 3 others like this.
          -Joel
          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

I think what you propose is quite doable and most people will sign on to it in a heartbeat. The trick will be to get Brian to dedicate a chunk of his ever-decreasing amount of free time to this rework and clean up -- either that, or we need a backup system owner who can take on these tasks for Brian. Maybe we need a stakeholders meeting via Skype or WebEx or (gasp) in person at Duggan's or B-dub's to plan how we can get the site reformatted, and who is going to take on the various tasks. Let's be sure to invite any other tech savvy people that we think could help, like nascarnate326

I'd say that once spring finally breaks and people start coming to the site for info on the revamped Meet & Greet, it will be the perfect time to re-introduce people to the site and get traffic built up again.

meissen, what say you?

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Also, curious why a new project thread i just created isnt showing up in the stats ... ?
              -Joel

Comment

That's a weird bug we've found happens...

I think Scott figured out it only happens if you post a new thread, with pictures in the first post...because yep.
                Last edited by MP81; March 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

In that case i guess i should recreate it
                  -Joel

Comment

And there it is.

Good ol' vB5!

Comment

Yes, simplification. We'll have to ask Brian how we might do that. Voting thread, one at a time, on what to keep and what to archive or delete?

I'm still waiting to get to work on my car, As soon as I do, I'll dust it off and be posting my progress.
                      JoeliusZ28 likes this.
                      DynoDave
                      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Ill start posting again. I forgot my password and was too lazy to spend the 10 seconds to reset it. That was like a year ago lol. Also I am currently fbodyless
                        2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
                        SVT Beadlock Wheels
                        Roush Intake, Corsa Exhaust
                        20" and 40" Light Bars

2000 Camaro Z28
                        Stripped Down Drag Car Build

Project 1999 Camaro Z28

2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic-SHEGONE
                        Crate LS3, LS9 Cam, LSA Supercharger, Metco Solid Isolator
                        RotoFab Intake, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan
                        ZL1 HX, ZL1 Fuel Pump, CTS-V Lid, LSA Injectors
                        Pat G - 93 Octane Tune
                        Kooks 1-7/8" Longtubes, High Flow Cats, X Pipe, Solo AxleBacks
                        CTS-V Calipers, Brembo Pads
                        H&R Lowering Springs, Whiteline Bushings, FE3 Struts/Shocks, Camaro 20" Wheels
                        HIDs, LED Conversion, Atari Gauges, Tint, Roof Carbon Fiber Wrapped, Innovative Wideband

2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley and Injectors waiting to go on!
                        sigpic

Comment

Good to the posting, bad to the no Fbody!

Comment

Originally posted by s.reef View Post
                            Ill start posting again. I forgot my password and was too lazy to spend the 10 seconds to reset it. That was like a year ago lol. Also I am currently fbodyless
                            There are way to fix that ya know...

I'll tell ya, I looked twice at that Sport Gold Z28 that was listed a few months back, as my LS1/T56 package would drop right into that car a lot easier than it would be to have to carve up The Red Beast. That Z28 may be long gone by now, though.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Originally posted by ktl711 View Post

There are way to fix that ya know...

I'll tell ya, I looked twice at that Sport Gold Z28 that was listed a few months back, as my LS1/T56 package would drop right into that car a lot easier than it would be to have to carve up The Red Beast. That Z28 may be long gone by now, though.
                              If I end up getting another fbody it will be running and driving. Ive bought too many rollers these past few years that never seem to get finished.
                              ktl711 likes this.
                              2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
                              SVT Beadlock Wheels
                              Roush Intake, Corsa Exhaust
                              20" and 40" Light Bars

2000 Camaro Z28
                              Stripped Down Drag Car Build

Project 1999 Camaro Z28

2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic-SHEGONE
                              Crate LS3, LS9 Cam, LSA Supercharger, Metco Solid Isolator
                              RotoFab Intake, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan
                              ZL1 HX, ZL1 Fuel Pump, CTS-V Lid, LSA Injectors
                              Pat G - 93 Octane Tune
                              Kooks 1-7/8" Longtubes, High Flow Cats, X Pipe, Solo AxleBacks
                              CTS-V Calipers, Brembo Pads
                              H&R Lowering Springs, Whiteline Bushings, FE3 Struts/Shocks, Camaro 20" Wheels
                              HIDs, LED Conversion, Atari Gauges, Tint, Roof Carbon Fiber Wrapped, Innovative Wideband

2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley and Injectors waiting to go on!
                              sigpic

Comment

Was thinking about getting a 2009ish Corvette to replace my 99Z but I drove a 2016 Camaro 1SS today and am seriously considering it. Impressive car.
                                meissen likes this.
                                When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Working...
                                X