X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another suspension question

So a month or so ago I got the Koni yellows installed, and thought my problems would be solved. But to be honest I don't feel much of a difference from factory. I have the rears on full soft, and the fronts on 4 or 5 clicks (can't remember, but where most people recommended it). I understand that these cars aren't going ride like a Cadillac and all, but when I hit a decent to good size bump I feel like my car shouldn't feel like I hit a wall. Just wondering what else I could do. I did also cold cut the springs, but I don't think that is the issue. Any ideas?
    sigpic
    99 Trans am

- SLP Air Take (LID)
    - Ported and Polished Throttle Body
    - LS6 Intake Manifold
    - 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers
    - 3" Y-Pipe
    - 3" Magnaflow Catback
    - Lower Control Arms

Soon
    - Heads/Cam
    - 3600 or 4000 Stall
    - 3.73 Gears

Did you replace all the mounts and bushings? Are the rear LCAs poly/poly? Those will bind up and add a lot of NVH as well.
    1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Replaced the front mounts with MOOG from rock auto, did not replace bushings, and not sure on the LCAs. ( on the car when I bought it) Not too worried about the rear, just the front seems bad
      sigpic
      99 Trans am

- SLP Air Take (LID)
      - Ported and Polished Throttle Body
      - LS6 Intake Manifold
      - 1 3/4 Long Tube Headers
      - 3" Y-Pipe
      - 3" Magnaflow Catback
      - Lower Control Arms

Soon
      - Heads/Cam
      - 3600 or 4000 Stall
      - 3.73 Gears

Comment

My bet would be caster/camber bushings on the lower arm. The caster bushing in particular is terribad and is most likely torn or dry rotted especially if your car has miles. I even tried finding low mile arms from cars and all their bushings had just been killed by age. If you choose to replace those do not use poly in the caster bushing. I would personally put in the new Moog problem solver bushing in there, it's really a ball joint. Poly is fine everywhere else up front. Front uppers don't see anywhere near as much wear/tear, but it's worth checking those too.
        1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X