X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Hand with Paint Correction

I'm a total newb at this. Of course I've washed and waxed, but I'm nervous about taking a power tool to the paint. I read the beginners guide in the stickys but don't feel comfortable with my Firebird being the test car. Anyone looking to make some extra cash detailing, or helping me detail my car?
    ..............____ .......
    ________|___\____
    |__(O)__|____|_(O)|

HEI distributors are pointless.

"The Mustang’s front end is problematic, get yourself a Firebird. "- Red Forman

I cant do the physical work as im trying to work through some lower back issues, but i used to be a sponsor here for this type of work. By all means ask me questions or we can work something out where i can show you the ropes if you want.
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

I'll certainly do the work if you can show/tell me how not to f*ck it up! Payment can be worked out in beer and days on the lake.
      ________|___\____
      |__(O)__|____|_(O)|

Comment

Its actually extremely easy not to screw up. The burn throughs and mistakes happen when someone inexperienced tries to rush and/or keep upping the RPM to work faster... Big no no. Anyway I'll pm you my number we can discuss!
        -Joel
        1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
        1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

How much clear did they use

Comment

I'm not sure. The car was painted before I bought it.
            ________|___\____
            |__(O)__|____|_(O)|

Comment

Yeah, it is fairly forgiving if you use the right tools. If you have any questions, I would be happy to give my two cents. Although with my cars needing work, school starting soon, and working full time I don't really have time to lend a hand.
              1998 Pontiac Firebird T/A, M6, LT Headers, ORY, Borlamouth, tubular LCA and Panhard bar, lowered 1.5". More to come

Comment

Working...
              X