X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmington View Post
    main problem was the rasp which is now gone, but I'm used to the old school dual exhaust sound. Trying to decide if I want to pony up the $800 for the Hooker blackheart system
    I'd say yes. Can't beat that dual sound.
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

especially if the car has a cam of any kind. sweet music.
      When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

It's a little pricey (~$1500 IIRC), but I LOVE my Hooker Blackheart system. If you already have LT's, then it's even cheaper just to get the TD portion. I have the midlengths and the TD's and I am more than pleased.
        2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Atrus View Post
          It's a little pricey (~$1500 IIRC), but I LOVE my Hooker Blackheart system. If you already have LT's, then it's even cheaper just to get the TD portion. I have the midlengths and the TD's and I am more than pleased.
          Maybe they've dropped since then - they appear to be between $783 and $999 on Summit Racing.

Comment

He bought the mid length headers and the true duals. The true dual part is around $800
            When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Originally posted by farmington View Post
              He bought the mid length headers and the true duals. The true dual part is around $800
              Oh, I see, a full kit.

Comment

Coastfab is a lot cheaper than those catbacks, much lighter too
                1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty happy with how the Borla cat back sounds on my car. I get a lot of compliments regarding the sound specifically. It crackles and pops on decel quite a lot when it's cold, and much less when warmed up. I like that though. It's not the raspy crackle like a typical glasspack, at least not IMHO. It took me a while to figure out what the hell was going on with the pipe layout, since the right pipe doesn't go into the muffler at all. I later learned that it's adjustable, and there are supposed to be 4 plates you can install behind the right tailpipe. Closed, 1/4 open, 1/2, 3/4 and full open. Haven't checked to see which is in mine, but based on the loudness, I'm guessing it's the fully open plate. It doesn't get too loud until you get over around 2500 RPM. Even 2000 can drone a bit on the highway, but 80+mph is comfortable in 6th.

Not a cheap system, when bought new though.

That all said, I'd sure love to do true duals, long tubes, and a cam... and mostly for the sound. Right now, I'd say she sounds naughty, but still little refined or even exotic maybe. I'd like to get it closer to all out raunchy. I have to be careful there though, as I think it's currently bearable for my wife, but may not before if I get carried away with it. I have a feeling the kids get the worst of it, sitting in the back.
                  2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6 | C4 ZR1 Wheels | Borla Cat-back
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X