X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
    as duration increases, overlap increases. LSA measures overlap, but does not take duration into account, therefore LSA can remain the same while overlap increases. The article explains it better than i can.

that was a misuse of terminology on my part in post 7. My point was that LSA is important, because of the effects of different LSAs in combination with different durations.
    That's why I wanted you to clarify what you were saying. I know what it is, but others might not. Thats all, just trying to help.

Comment

Nice find!
      There has also been a lot of mags doing camshaft basics over the past few months.
      It all depends on what you are going to do i.e. Stroker, Race, Street, Street/Strip, Road course and so on.

The best thing anyone can do is research what you want to do.
      The tighter your LSA is the more vacume you loose and the worse the street manners get also.
      I have a 108 LSA and I have just enough vacume to run breaks and still run everything.

VicePresident of West Michigan Firebird Club
      A.K.A The Maverick
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/660128/1
      93 TA Currently Under Construction AGAIN
      2007 2500 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab w/ 6.0L & 3.73's

Comment

at the end of the day.. all i care about are

IVO
        IVC
        EVO
        EVC
        valve acceleration/distance profile

everything else is just another parameter to try and determine those... because thats all that matters

Comment

Good call jasen

Originally posted by Phantom383 View Post
          Nice find!
          There has also been a lot of mags doing camshaft basics over the past few months.
          It all depends on what you are going to do i.e. Stroker, Race, Street, Street/Strip, Road course and so on.

The best thing anyone can do is research what you want to do.
          The tighter your LSA is the more vacume you loose and the worse the street manners get also.
          I have a 108 LSA and I have just enough vacume to run breaks and still run everything.
          100% agree. ive been researching cams for years now and im still not 100% sure what i want. Im probably going to end up going custom. If i get a shelf it will be a 224/230 on a 110
          -Joel
          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Working...
          X