Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP. Replaced headlight motor now there running oppisite of each other

hey guys,

Its been a while since i have posted last, but im really stumped here. so in my 98 TA i had my passenger side headlight motor gear strip out. so i went to o rileys and got one there just like ive done in the past. So i put the motor in and made sure the stopping point is the same, however now the lights are backwards. When i turn the lights on one goes up and the other goes down. The light itself will turn up but wont go to the right position. I have already gone and traded this light out for a second one at orileys and have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you can just unplug the one motor, open/close the other to match, then plug the first back in.
    1998 Pontiac Firebird T/A, M6, LT Headers, ORY, Borlamouth, tubular LCA and Panhard bar, lowered 1.5". More to come

Comment

use the manual knob and make them Match

Comment

Originally posted by pferris View Post
        I think you can just unplug the one motor, open/close the other to match, then plug the first back in.
        if they're completely out of sync then unplug one and then open/close the other so it matches. If they're close and just off by a little then use the manual knob.
        sigpic
        If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

I tried all of those things, and looked online everywhere, and it turns out the wires were switched in both of the motors. As unlikely as it sounds it was the case i cut the wires leading into the motor, and weather proof butt spliced the wires after i crossed them. now everything works fine. so just a heads up if anyone else runs into this problem with these motors from O'rileys.

Comment

Working...
          X